Prices and Policy
If you’re booking at the Firefly Resort, you’ve discovered a hidden gem. If you’re looking for charming and inviting Harbor Country vacation rentals, the Firefly Resort is for you.
Cozy and inviting Firefly Resort can be your home away from home – whether for an extended weekend, a week, or by the month. Majestic Lake Michigan is across the street and your cottage is nestled in beautifully landscaped grounds with mature trees. In this era of cookie-cutter vacation condos, the Firefly is truly unique.
Thank you for choosing Firefly Resort for your vacation retreat. We hope that you will find all of your needs and expectations met for both relaxation and fun at Firefly and Harbor Country area.
Please observe the following policies and procedures to insure an enjoyable stay:
RESERVATIONS AND CHECK-IN:
- Check in time is 4:30pm ET. Please note the Firefly Resort is in the Eastern Time zone. Late arrivals can be accommodated with advance notice. No early check-ins are available.
- Check out time is 10:00am ET.
- Fifty percent (50%) of your reservation will be billed to your credit card on the day of booking. The remaining fifty percent (50%) is due 30 days prior to arrival. Balance must be paid in full prior to arrival.
- Every rental will be charged a $95.00 non-refundable cleaning fee.
- A $250.00 security deposit is added to your reservation for damages. After inspection by staff, the deposit will be refunded to the credit card that was used for the deposit and any damages to the cottage will be billed to this card. While we do not expect you to leave the cottage exactly as you found it, we do hope you will treat the cottage as you would your home.
- All guests must provide an electronic signature on the rental agreement prior to arrival.
- All cottages (including porches) are non-smoking. Smoking is only allowed on the Firefly grounds in designated areas.
- Quiet hours are strictly observed from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am.
- Dish soap, dish towels, hand soap, toilet paper, and paper towels are provided. A complimentary coffee packet is provided for your first morning. Please bring your own toiletries.
- Each cottage is individually and uniquely furnished. Guests should leave all dishes, cooking utensils, pots, towels, linens, etc. in their cottage. This will allow all guests to enjoy all amenities and each cottage to maintain its own unique charm.
- All dirty dishes should be cleaned and put away after use. This helps us clean more efficiently and controls bugs and insects.
- Do not take bathroom towels to the beach or outdoors. They are strictly for personal hygiene use only.
- Upon departure please place sheets and towels in laundry bag provided in each cottage.
- There are no phones in the cottages. Please utilize your cellular phone.
- All guests must display Firefly parking passes (provided upon check-in) in their vehicles.
- All guests must have beach passes (provided upon check-in) when using the Firefly beaches.
- Acceptable Pets: Some Firefly cottages allow one (1) well-behaved dog for a single reservation. Firefly staff will require immediate removal of any dog that displays dangerous or unacceptable behavior, including, but not limited to, biting, excessive noise (such as barking), evidence of disease, or urination/defecation in unauthorized areas.
- No more than one (1) dog may occupy a cottage for a single reservation. If guests bring an additional dog the guests will have the option to leave and be responsible for 100% of the full amount of their reservation and cleaning. At the discretion of the Firefly staff, the guest and the additional dog will be allowed to stay upon immediate payment of a $50.00 per day fee for the additional dog, charged to the credit card on file. This fee is in addition to all cleaning, damage, and other fees described in this document and the rental agreement.
- Dogs must be leashed and under control at all times while on Firefly exterior grounds.
- Dogs should only be left in the cottage alone if they are used to being by themselves. Sometimes dogs left by themselves can become upset and bark for extended periods, disturbing other guests. If a dog is causing a disturbance, we will call or text you to request that you return to the cottage within an hour to comfort your dog. A warning will be issued after the first infraction. If barking continues following the warning, then the guest will be fined $50.00 charged to the credit card on file.
- Dogs should relieve themselves in the back of the Firefly exterior grounds, preferably near the line of arborvitae trees along the white fence. Guests are responsible for immediately cleaning up after their dog and disposing of waste in the nearby dumpster or trash cans. Please note that cameras continuously monitor the Firefly exterior grounds.
- A nonrefundable $25.00 per night pet cleaning fee will be charged upon reservation. This fee is in addition to the standard cleaning fee. Guests will be required to sign a Pet Addendum.
- Guests are solely responsible for all property damage to the rented cottage, all other Firefly cottages, Firefly landscaping, and all other Firefly amenities caused by their dog. Guests are also solely responsible for any personal injuries to other guests, their families and visitors, and Firefly contractors and staff members caused by their dog. Guests must report any damage or dog accidents to the property manager immediately. If deemed appropriate by Firefly staff, repairs will be charged to the credit card on file.
- We reserve the right to change the Pet Policy, including fees, if warranted by excessive and continuing violations of the policy.
By reserving a Firefly cottage, I (guest) acknowledge that I have read, understand, and will follow these rules during my stay at the Firefly Resort, and that the rules are for the safety of my dog and for the comfort of other guests staying at the Firefly Resort.
- The Firefly Resort can host your family reunion, birthday parties, engagement parties, wedding showers, office parties, and other events. We cannot host weddings due to zoning ordinances.
- When fully occupied, the Firefly Resort can comfortably sleep 70 people and can accommodate an additional 20 people who do not stay overnight.
- Musical instruments are allowed at events but amplifiers and speakers are not allowed by zoning ordinances.
- Event tents may be placed in the back of the resort in the designated area.Small pop-up tents are allowed but cannot be used for sleeping.
- Campers and camping tents are not allowed on the grounds. Boats and boat trailers cannot be parked or stored at the Firefly.